- Democrats believe that our strength as a nation is enhanced by the diversity of the people in it. Further, we believe that entrance to the rights of citizenship by immigrants and asylum seekers requires an orderly and humane process which includes a fair and speedy determination of their status without breaking families apart.
- the inscription on the Statue of Liberty lays out the basis of the United States decade’s long approach to welcoming immigrants and people fleeing tyranny.
- The treatment of the immigrants and asylum seekers on our southern border is clearly a violation of international norms relating to the treatment of such individuals. Border security is obviously important, however, it can be enhanced by hiring more border agents, using drones and other technology and if necessary a physical barrier where cost effective and feasible without taking private property by eminent domain.
- we want to effectively deal with climate change
- climate is affecting all aspects of our lives and is an economic and quality of life issue.
- support Green New Deal
- nothing else matters without a life sustaining environment