- We support the full legalization of cannabis & the expungement of those in jail/prison for cannabis associated “crimes”!
- Cannabis prohibition disproportionately victimizes persons of color & those low SES individuals.
- We support increased funding for single parents and their infants for nutrition - fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Single parents most often have trouble making ends meet.&nbsb; And excellent nutritional start for infants and an parents to keep up their strength.
- we oppose teaching how to use a gun in public school classes.
- The students are underage, immature and not ready to be responsible for discerning the situation when in the moment.
- We support installing more windmills for energy on famrs and home properties, with subsidized tax incentives when properties are assessed.
- Climate change is real and wind energy is very important to help repair our environment.
- We want the War Powers Act be recinded and the power of the act to return to the Congress.
- All power to declare war or send soldiers into combat is a power that the Constitution gives to the Congress and not to the President.
- Climate change be addressed with the appropriate funding and support.
- We will all suffer tremendously negative consequences if this issue is not addressed.
- Iowa should add additional New Green Deal expertise (environmental expertise) to the Department of Commerce and OCA (Office of Consumer Advocacy).
- Every year for past 5+ years 199 scientists from Iowa University and college vocations have petitioned our government for a stronger voice in Iowa economic development. That has been ignored and should become a check list item before any new or revised economic activity gets tax credit(s), job credits, or other government support. These are our ‘experts’ on air, water, soils, etc. to add oversight to protect Iowa and our economy.
- We support the Green New Deal as proposed in the House by Rep. AOC.
- Studies show we have 10-12 years to curb the effects of Anthropomorphic Climate Change. This resolution will go a long way for protecting the future of our planet.
- We support stronger protections for our waterways.
- Protections for our waterways increase recreation, health and lower costs on our drinking water.
- We oppose an electoral college.
- In the past 20 years the electoral college has twice overruled the will of the people. It should be abolished.
- Iowa should support ‘Net Neutral’ internet and energy transfers with no added costs to consumers or business to protect large providers of both.
- Small and joint investments that aid internet and power providers add security, redundancy, and incentives for innovation to our capitalist system.
- Iowa should all ‘Net Leasing’ of solar between homes & business where current energy payment guarantees ‘cost recovery’ by seller/installer and unpaid balance is a lien on property if sold.
- Twenty-six states now allow this; California has 100% mandate for solar by homes & business; and this adds to formation of micro-grids without added utility expense for peak energy times.
- Iowa House and Senate should approve 2-4 year moratorium on all pipeline (hazardous liquids) proposed or currently in state, so actions on DAPL can procede through courts and (2) legislative sessions(2020 & beyond).
- Code 479B currently does not protect farmland, water, air, and economic in rurual areas and does not allow Green New Deal and infrastructure to be discussed.
- U.S. Senate must pass ‘authorization’ for Presidential embargo/tariff(s) that use food, farm products, value added agricultural byproducts as ‘weapon’ against other countries. If authorization is not passed in 30 days, said embargo/tariff shall cease.
- Farmer community since Carter presidency has been hurt economically by these actions without full reimbursement for lost revenues and lost markets. This would provide transparency and oversight by elected representatives. (could include House?)
- In all U.S. treaties (NAFTA; USMCA; TPPT, EU; etc.) adopt biodiesel as a fuel source for all transport or (CNG/LNG) for ship, auto, truck(s), etc. - that use fuel oil or diesel; and for electric generation, etc.
- Biodiesel uses soy oil @ 30%; adds value added to Iowa farmers; and can be processes in Iowa adding jobs, income, and low protein for animal feed.
- Iowa should require a full EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) before any (ED) eminent domain action can go forward.
- Eminent Domain is a forced taking by governmental action of someone’s property and should be only for a public use; not for any for profit entity; and only where there is a direct link to Iowa and it’s residents.
- We oppose voter suppression.
- The bill going through Iowa congress right now limits voters options for voting hurting the poor, and infirm.
- Iowa should support health care for all, including both single payer an other options (medicare or medicaid) for all.
- Health care for all should allow states to add means to provide better and cheaper services to residents. Ex: free and reduced cost clinics staffed by community hospital staff; standalone medical (for profit) entities that support alternative emergency room use; allow disposal of unused or unneeded RX for use by low income and others in need of assistance.
- We support suspending aid to Israel until Israel recognizes Palestine at 1966 borders.
- We continue to fund Israel’s genocide of palestine, all while Israel’s citizens enjoy Universal Healthcare and largely subsidized university tuition. These are benefits even US citizens do not enjoy.
- We advocate for the safe ratios of nurses to their patients, as outlined by the National Nurses United Union and Professional Organization.
- Nurses caring for too many patients at once is dangerous for both the patient & the nurse. For each additional patient about safe rates, mortality rates increase by 7% for each patients under the nurse’s care.
- We support a livable wage of $15 minimum.
- Anyone who holds a job should not be forced to work for poverty level wages.
- We support paid parental leave for new birth & adoptive parents.
- Parents should not have to choose between starting a family & going without pay from their job.
- Where be we want a positive relationship with out potential voters, the DNC and ACT blue need to coorinate their donor databases so they have an accurate record of donations received by a democratic candidate or the Democratic Party from individual voters (donors).
- When someone who has already donated receives texts and emails saying they need to donate or haven't donated it is really a turn off to their participation in the party. It almost becomes an act of harrassment and could turn them off for future participation. Especially the negative emails to get donations.